Units come in classes. Classes determine unit abilities and limitations. Known classes include:
- Stabber-class infantry
- Piker-class infantry
- Archer-class infantry
- Knight-class infantry
- Heavy Units
There are classes of special significance:
Unit Stats and Abilities
Statistics are numerical values that are used by the Combat, Magic, or other systems of the Erfworld universe. Generally, the higher the number is, the better the Unit is. As these values increase, power increases linearly. 
- Move - Distance a Unit can move during its Turn
- Hits - Amount of damage a Unit can take before croaking
- Combat - Offensive combat value. Sometimes referred to as Attack.
- Defense - Defensive combat value.
Units also have some hidden statistics:
- Loyalty - how strongly a Unit is aligned with its RulerErf-b1-p084a
- Experience - How far a Unit has progressed towards gaining its next Level. Experience is (usually) gained by croaking enemies.
Units may also have one or more Natural (or Special) Abilities.
Some units have abilities that can achieve unconventional results, and can be used when not on Turn. These abilities are named Natural AbilitiesErf-b1-p040a and are sometimes referred to as Special Abilities.
|FlightErf-b1-p040a||Flying units can Move through the air without falling.|
|Water||Water units can Move through the water without drowning.Erf-b1-p060|
|ForestErf-b1-p062||Forest units can attack in forests.|
|Dance-FightingErf-b1-p127||Dance fighting units sing and dance while fighting.Erf-b1-p111|
|Light||Light units can enter tunnels.Erf-b1-p098a|
|SiegeErf-b1-p046a||The ability to breach walls.Erf-b1-p126|
|Mount||Can be ridden by humanoid units|
|HealingErf-b1-p022||Unit can heal wounded allied Units|
|FabricationErf-b1-p040a||Allows a Unit to create Coins and other items, is a form of natural Dollamancy.|
|Breath Weapon||Allows the Unit to use a short/medium range "breath" attack before or instead of melee.|
|Remote Visual Link||Unit's Commander is able to see through the Unit's eyes from afar.|
|LeadershipErf-b1-p040a||A Unit with Leadership:|
|CasterErf-b1-p084a|| A Caster:
Generally speaking, Nobles have a title designating their social status, such as Duke Nozzle, Count Vinny Doombats, or Viscount Caesar Borgata. Other likely titles would be Baron, Earl, or Marquis; Lord would probably not be used due to possible confusion with Warlords and Overlords.
Parson is a very special Unit (as Hamstard would say). He has some stats (like Move and Upkeep), but they're not visible to anyone; he can't be banished by crossing a Magic Kingdom gate; and other unique rule breakers that are described with detail on his page.
- Engineer-class infantry
Some units types don't have classes, but do have descriptors and may have multiple forms, like Golems.
- Uncroaked Infantry
Garrison units may have special classes in addition to their basic class.
- Tunnel Capable (Spidew/Sourmander) - A Heavy Unit capable of entering tunnels
- Tunnel Fighter (Gobwin/Marbit) - Provides a bonus at fighting in tunnels (These could be the same Ability, applied to Heavy and Light Units respectively.)
- ArmoredErf-b1-p077 - Probably increases the Unit's Defence. Armor may also be Equipment instead of an ability.