Transylvito was part of the Royal Crown Coalition during the Battle for Gobwin Knob. At the beginning of the Battle, their troop contribution (29) consisted only of the Warlord Vinny Doombats and some doombats, which were used primarily for short recon. Later, Transylvito sent stronger forces (more than 300 doombats and 10 warlords, including Chief Warlord Caesar Borgata) to create a trap for Stanley the Tool at a choke point in the mountains leading to Faq. The trap succeeded in preventing Stanley from reaching Faq, but did not kill him thanks in part to the efforts of Jack Snipe. The closest ally of Transylvito in the RCC was Unaroyal.
- Don King - Ruler, King
- Caesar Borgata - Chief Warlord
- Vinny Doombats - Warlord
- Bunny - Thinkamancer
- Benjamin - Unknown, possibly Mathamancer or Moneymancer
- Leather Valese - Warlord
- Dewy Tulips - Warlord
- Al Frappacino - Regent Warlord of Aqua Velva. Raises fish, including one ill-fated one named Wanda.
Transylvito is very close to Faq. The space of Faq was sometimes crossed by Transylvito troops. Transylvito is also close to the Carpudlians, with an ongoing border skirmish over the Carpudlian city of Carport.
Transylvito's primary method of combat consists of using the weak, massable Doombats at the forefront of any assault, with Warlords providing special bonuses that dramatically increase the Doombats' fighting power.
Each Warlord 'packs' bats that receive their Leadership bonuses. Chief Warlord Caesar Borgata provides an additional effect to all bats in his current hex, as well as a high-level Leadership bonus to bats under his command. Transylvito formations are relatively unique in Erfworld, as most of them are well over the eight-unit stack bonus. (Sometimes more than 100 bats in the same stack) Transylvito Warlords offer greater bonuses to Doombats than the eight-unit stack bonus do. (Though they receive the eight-unit bonus anyway)
Before the fight with Stanley the Tool, Vinny explained that doombats led by a Warlord are as strong as basic infantry thanks to the Warlord's Leadership bonus. With the Chief Warlord in the same hex, the doombats gain half of that Leadership bonus as well, so are as strong as advanced infantry. The doombats in the Stack of the Chief Warlord, gaining his full bonus, are equivalent to heavy Units.
Transylvito units have also been observed dance fighting with lyrics and costumes resembling characters from the musical West Side Story.
The capital city of Transylvito is defended mainly against airspace attack, using Dolls, Molls, and Men, probably on the ground, and Guard Goyles of both the Goyle and Skank variety, aside from the Warlords and Casters with their Doombats. It is (as of yet) unknown how combat in Transylvito airspace would progress.
Conflict With Carpudlians
Transylvito has an ongoing turf war with the Carpudlians. The primary battleground is the city of Carport, which is regularly taken by Transylvito, and then sacked, unless the Carpudlians pay a ransom, in which case the Transylvitans leave it, relatively unharmed. In this way, they have a sort of protection racket with the Carpudlians. The Carpudlian capital of Carpool is considered too expensive a prospect for conquering.
Real World References
- The name Transylvito appears to be a combination of Transylvania and Vito. The former is a Province of Romania where the vampire Dracula has his castle in the novel of that name. The latter is the first name of Vito Corleone, head of the Corleone family of the Sicilian Mafia in the film 'The Godfather'.
- The bat emblem of Transylvito resembles the logo of Bacardi rum, which also shows a black bat rousant in a red circle. The Bacardi version has more detail on the bat but is otherwise similar.
- Four Transylvito warlords sang "campfire tunes" in Summer Update 15 that are thinly disguised 1950s doo-wop songs: Little Darlin, Sh-Boom, Come and(sic) Go with Me, and Erf Angel.