Thinkamancy is one of the three disciplines of the Magic class Eyemancy; it is aligned with the axis of Fate.Erf-b1-p038a Spells of this Discipline normally involve influencing the mind or actions of a target.
All known Thinkamancers are part of a secret conspiracy, lead by the Great Minds that Think Alike, which works to conceal the full extent of their powers from everyone who is not a Thinkamancer. They are opposed to Charlie, who has learned many of their secrets through his attunement to the Arkendish.
Thinkamancy is derived from the observation and alteration of the Cosmic Vibrations of Grandiocosmic Strings. These vibrations cannot penetrate polarized Stuff, such as that which the Temple of the Thinkamancers is made from.
- Maggie: an adept-class Thinkamancer in service to Gobwin Knob
- Bunny: in service to Transylvito
- Isaac: a Carl Sagan-like Thinkamancer in the Magic Kingdom
- Princess Zelda-like thinkamancer (possibly resides in Magic Kingdom)
- Aristotle-like thinkamancen (possibly resides in Magic Kingdom)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson-like thinkamancer (possibly resides in Magic Kingdom)
- Psycho Mantis-like thinkamancer (possibly resides in Magic Kingdom)
- Suggestion SpellsErf-b1-p084
- Merging the minds of casters together into a "psychological alloy" or gestalt with the Thinkamancer, allowing the casting of Spells uncastable by singular CastersErf-b1-p054
- Protecting oneself from the effects of breaking a long term mind-affecting spell
- Thinkagrams: long-ranged communication
- Can assist with or accelerate the healing of some forms of mental damage that are the results of Thinkamancy.Erf-b1-p084.
- Can increase the efficiency of a Unit's thought processes. Erf-b1-p104.
- Can use minor combat/stunning spells. Erf-b1-p133
- Don King can use his thinkamancer to see through bat units eyes across an indefinite distance. This is apparently a stronger version of the natural Thinkamancy version.
- Mastermind (See Book 2, Text Update 013)
- Possibly Headmaster (See Book 2, Text Update 040)
Maggie indicated experienced Warlords can use natural thinkamancy to telepathically convey battle orders to units on the field.
More thinkamancers have been shown than any other type of caster. Some have speculated this may indicate they have the highest probability of being popped randomly amongst the casters or some method is used to try and increase the chance. The former would fit in with the suggestion that overlords or rulers can subconsciously control when and what sort of casters are popped. The first fits with the idea in Erf that Titans select casters for sides and the long range communication ability makes them very valuable for most sides.
Potentially, a Thinkamancer working with a Hat Magician or Dollamancer, or maybe linked up with them, could create polarized helmets that would negate many thinkamantic effects.
Real World References
One Thinkamancy Spell - Ephedra - apparently alleviates fatigue or works as a stimulant.Erf-b1-p104 This is a reference to the herbal stimulant Ephedra which contains both ephedrine and pseudoephedrine.