Page by page (140)
Panel by panel (140:1)
Janis leans out from behind a tree to grasp another figure by the arm. The figure resembles Mr. Spock of Star Trek fame, but is dressed in a 1970s turtlneck and jacket.|||
A ring of eight figures brandish various magic-wand-type objects at Parson, who is standing in front of a portal and holding up his sword. Just to the side of the portal, Janis and her companion can be seen lurking. On the other side of the portal, Sizemore, Maggie, and Wanda stand in a line.|||
Parson glances over his shoulder in surprise as the Spock-like figure leaps at him from behind.|||
The assailant grabs Parson where his neck meets his shoulder, with one finger above the top edge of Parson's armor.|||
Parson's assailant clings to his back, his expression rather puzzled as Parson simply turns to stare at him.|||
The figure grins as Parson rolls up his eyes and slumps to the ground.|||
Parson lies sprawled in an undignified heap on the ground. Janis steps behind him and adopts an authoritative air as she raises her staff.|||
Isaac puts his hand over the Orko-like caster's hidden face in about the position where his mouth is presumably located.|||
Isaac puts his hand to his temple and concentrates.|||
- ^ The figure's outfit is reminiscent of the usual outfit worn by Leonard Nimoy (who played Mr. Spock) when hosting the show In Search Of....
- ^ Proceeding clockwise from Parson, the eight figures appear to be references to:
- Dr. Strange from Marvel Comics
- The Wicked Witch of the West as seen in the movie The Wizard of Oz
- Jeannie from I Dream Of Jeannie
- Orko from He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
- Carl Sagan
- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
- Hermoine Granger
- ^ This attack is a reference to the Vulcan Neck Pinch.
- ^ Dealing with linked casters as individuals is dangerous. The fact that the Orko-like caster forgot this is a reference to Orko's general fecklessness.