Page by page (133)
Panel by panel (133:1)
Parson stands in the foreground facing Wanda, who is standing among a large horde of uncroaked and glancing back at him over her shoulder.|||
Parson Gotti: So, this'll be the last of the last stands.
How many enemy units are left? Not counting Charlie's?
Maggie: Most survivors are wounded...
But at least 3000 are not croaked or incapacitated.
Parson curls his lip unhappily as he holds up his bracer and does some calculations.|||
Parson Gotti: Then we didn't get enough.
No, nowhere near.
Sound: pip pip pip
The wiener-rammer rears up and bares its teeth as the FoxMUD trooper pulls the reins with one hand and brandishes a sword with the other. In the foreground, Parson raises his own sword. Maggie stands behind him, her hands glowing with violet-tinged energy as she prepares a spell.|||
The FoxMUD trooper sits up as one of the golems leaps into the fray with a huge axe.|||
A quick flash of motion.|||
Sizemore comes running up as Parson addresses him. The golem stands by impassively, its task of the moment done.|||
Parson raises his sword and turns to shout out some orders. In the foreground, a mass of uncroaked and gobwin units stand facing toward him.|||
- ^ "The Safety Dance" was a 1982 single by the group "Men Without Hats".
- ^ The appearance of the FoxMUD trooper (particularly the red lighting bolt down the face) is a reference to Ziggy Stardust, a persona created by David Bowie during the early 1970s.
- ^ This is a pun on the city of Hoboken, NJ (or Georgia or Belgium) and the "hadouken" attack from the Street Fighter games, in which a pulse of "ki" energy is sent flying at an opponent.
- ^ A "quern" is a stone used for hand-grinding.
- ^ This panel is a reference to the opening scene of CSI Miami in which David Caruso delivers a one-liner and then "Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who starts playing.