A Side is a group of characters and Units involved in the conflict in Erfworld and is led by a single Ruler, which is a King if the Unit is Royal, or an Overlord if not. The Side includes all Units, cities, and terrain under the leadership of that Ruler.
Capital sides (as the name implies) have capitals and are governed by a Ruler. A capital side can also own cities other than the capital. If the Ruler of a city is a Royal, the city may produce Noble and Royal Units. Royal sides sometimes split off into new sides.Erf-b1-p079a
Known capital sides:
- Faq (destroyed by Gobwin Knob), now reestablished by Jillian under the protection of Transylvito
- Gobwin Knob
- Milquetoast (destroyed by Gobwin Knob)Erf-b1-p034
- Sofa King
- Unaroyal (self destructed to prevent further decryption by Gobwin Knob) Erf-b1.5-p043
Known natural allies Sides:
- Gobwins (seem to be natural allies to Gobwin Knob)
- Marbits (seem to be natural allies to Jetstone)
It does not seem that Barbarians are a single side. It is a collection of Units without a side or neutral cities without an Ruler. If Rulers or their Heirs lose their capital they become Barbarians. Jillian Zamussels is one example of a Barbarian.