Shmuckers that belong to a Side are stored in the Side's treasury. Shmuckers that belong to a Warlord or Caster are stored in a personal purse. It is implied that in both cases Shmuckers are not stored as physical objects (e.g. coins), but rather as symbolical means of exchange.
Gems can be converted to schmuckers by commanders, though it takes a Moneymancer to do the reverse. It has also been stated that jewelry of sufficient quality can be converted directly into schmuckers.
What follows is a list of prices and values that have been mentioned in the comic, ordered by value:
- The Spell to summon Parson cost a base of 350,000 for the Scroll itself and an additional but optional 150,000 for the casting and support plan, a total of 500,000Erf-b1-p005 Shmuckers. Stanley considered this an outrageous sum, and the larger figure was literally Gobwin Knob's entire treasuryErf-b1-p006 at the start of the Battle for Gobwin Knob. Coincidentally, Sizemore speculates that the Mathamancy Bracer would fetch a half-million Shmuckers from a mathamancy-reliant overlord. Erf-b1-p054
- Charlie tried to charge Don King 250,000 per turn to ally himself with Transylvito in order to ambush Stanley on his way to Faq.Erf-b1-p107 The price was exorbitantly high, and designed to make Don King reluctant to pay.
- Caesar Borgata quoted Don King claiming that 250,000 shmuckers was the extra money that would be needed for Transylvito to take Carpool from the Carpudlians. Erf-b1.5-p011
- The expense of designating Prince Tramennis as Jetstone's heir is estimated at around 165,000 (or slightly less), as calculated based on Charlie's offer of 5,000 per Decrypted Archon destroyed and a bonus of 25,000 for capturing one and returning it to him alive.
- Dewy Tulips claimed that the Carpudlians paid about 40,000 Shmuckers to ransom the city of Carport to avoid it being sacked. Erf-b1.5-p011
- Jillian felt Faq's treasury increase by about 40,000 when she razed Progrock, noting at the same time that this sum would secure her side's upkeep for 8-10 turns, putting Faq's total upkeep between 4,000 and 5,000 per turn.Erf-b2-pT43
- The upper limit of the purse of a level 10 Warlord or Caster is 10,000. Since few units achieve this level or higher, this is roughly the upper limit that one unit could have (outside of gems).
- Jillian argues that 2,500 Shmuckers for Charlie's ThinkagramErf-b1-p051 service is far from a "nominal" fee as advertised by one of the Archons. Webinar mentions that the fee is "for two-way". A presumably one-way Thinkagram to Ansom cost her 1700 Shmuckers, which was almost her entire purse.Erf-b1-p083
- Parson's upkeep is "over 1,000 Shmuckers per turn"Erf-b1-p039. Stanley seems to regard this as annoyingly expensive, but not utterly outrageous.