When a city falls into the hands of an enemy side, the conquering side can choose to sack the city, reducing its level and giving the sacking side an immediate increase in their treasury. Going even further, a side can raze a city, effectively ending it and leaving behind a city site. The resulting site is similar to ruins and can randomly pop Barbarian units, gems, and Magic Items. The city site may be claimed by any side and rebuilt.
The cities of Kona and Progrock, both of which were level three before they were sacked, provided Faq's treasury with 20,000 and 40,000 shmuckers respectively. This would seem to indicate that there are modifiers that haven't been mentioned yet.
A Side can sack its own Cities if the need arises.
Instances of Sacking In Comic
- Faq – TBFGK 147
- Carport (discussed) – TBFGK Epilogue 11
- Unnamed Dagwood City (failed attempt) – LIAB Prologue 20
- Kona – LIAB Prologue 28
- Kibo & Otoh (unnamed) – LIAB Text 27
- Kiloton (discussed) – IPTSF Text 11
- Goodfinger (discussed) – IPTSF Text 19
- Coolminton – IPTSF Text 25
- Diecast – IPTSF Text 38
- Brookstone & Progrock (discussed) – LIAB 30
- Unnamed Jetstone City (discussed) – LIAB 35
- Hypothetical enemy city (discussed) - WB2014 Digdoug - Episode 5