- Findamancers and Predictamancers in the Magic KingdomErf-b1-p013 together forged a SpellErf-b1-p005 that was supposed to summon the "Perfect Warlord".
Intuition is said to be a natural form of Predictamancy in LIAB Text 38.
- Marie Lavraie: An predictamancer from FAQ responsible for many plot central predictions.
- Delphie Temple of Goodminton.
Predictions that have proven accurate
- Marie Lavraie predicted that Faq would fall some day.Erf-b1-p082
- Marie Lavraie determined the order in which cities of Faq were veiled by the Foolamancer.Erf-b1-p107
- Marie Lavraie predicted that Wanda would take possession of an Arkentool and attune to it.Erf-b1-p143
Predictamancy and causality
The mechanisms of predictamancy have not been described in any detail. Some possible mechanics are:
Self Fulfilling Prophecy
Knowledge of the predictions or predictamancy itself casues the predictions to be true. It could be argued that Wanda only became attuned to the Arkenpliers due to a course of actions based on future knowledge.Erf-b1-p143
Future event created by prediction
Any use of Predictamancy could "plant" an event somewhere in the future of the targeted creature/item/land. For example, when Wanda was affected by Predictamancy, she was "foretold" to attune herself to an Arkentool, but not which one or when. From that point, events that could cause her to attune had a higher odds of occurring, until the prophecy was fulfilled.
The Predictamancer obtains knowledge of future events by some unspecified means. Any actions taken on this knowledge are known in advance as well, and any influence already accounted for. Thus the act of predicting (or more precisely the act of telling someone a prediction) can change events, but the events leading up to the foreknown event are also foreknown.