- Findamancers and Predictamancers in the Magic KingdomErf-b1-p013 together forged a SpellErf-b1-p005 that was supposed to summon the "Perfect Warlord".
Predictions that have proven accurate
- The predictamancer of Faq predicted that Faq would fall some day.Erf-b1-p082
- The predictamancer of Faq determined the order in which cities of Faq were veiled by the Foolamancer.Erf-b1-p107
- Wanda taking possession of an Arkentool and attuning to it was Predicted.Erf-b1-p143
Predictamancy and causality
The mechanisms of predictamancy have not been described in any detail. Some possible mechanics are:
Self Fulfilling Prophecy
Knowledge of the predictions or predictamancy itself casues the predictions to be true. It could be argued that Wanda only became attuned to the Arkenpliers due to a course of actions based on future knowledge.Erf-b1-p143
- An use of Predictamancy could "plant" an event somewhere in the future of the targeted creature/item/land. For example, when Wanda was effected by Predictamancy, she was "foretold" to attune herself to an Arkentool, but not which one or when.
The Predictamancer obtains knowledge of future events by some unspecified means. Any actions taken on this knowledge are known in advance as well, and any influence already accounted for. Thus the act of predicting (or more precisely the act of telling someone a prediction) can change events, but the events leading up to the foreknown event are also foreknown.