Difference between revisions of "Natural Magic"
(→List of Natural Magic)
|Line 67:||Line 67:|
Revision as of 21:37, 16 July 2014
|Natural Magic, Caster, Caster link, Juice, Scroll, Magic Item, Spell, Grandiocosmic Strings, Channels, Nodes, Dictums|
Caster proficiency: Novice – Adept – Master
| Oh dear, it seems this article isn't up to scratch and could use some improvement. You can help Erfwiki by .
Article still missing many different types of natural magic.
In Erfworld, pretty much *all* abilities to effect the environment, people, or things is thought of as some form of magic. Thus, any unit which is not a Caster but is able to do things to alter its environment without "casting spells" is using "natural magic."
In short, natural magic is the innate "magical" ability that some animals, people, etc, have to create effects related to that type of magic.
A real world stock broker then, would be using some sort of natural Moneymancy and so on.
There is debate, both in the fandom and within the canon itself, as to what types of "natural magic" exist, and what area of magic a certain thing falls under. For instance, Jack and Wanda have discussed the question of whether or not love is a form of natural magic. Jack believes that it is not.
List of Natural Magic
- Natural Dirtamancy:
- Natural Dollamancy:
- Natural Shockmancy
- Natural Foolamancy
- Some Archons have a natural foolamancy special, which may be why they can see through illusions.
- Per the character Vinny Erf-b1.5-p037, Signamancers claim that all Stuff is Foolamancy and thus it is Natural Foolamancy used by non-casters and casters alike. Bodies and all the things seen and touched are only Signs: symbols of their true nature, aka what they *are*. Hence a person's appearance is a Sign and it tells how the person thinks about themselves and how others see them.
- Whether Love is a form of Natural Magic was debated by Jack and Wanda. Per the Proposed Canon (above), Natural magic is defined as all/any abilities for a thing or person to affect the environment, people, or things. Wanda has asserted that she sees Love as a form of Natural Magic ergo she views Love as a Magic which eminates from one being and affects another being's feelings of Love for a subject. Jack has asserted that Love is not Magic ergo he views Love as something else and a question is what is that other that Jack sees Love as.
- It is easy to see why Wanda would make this statement from her past actions. She has used a combination of physical appearance (Foolamancy) to make herself perceived to be something other than she *is* and a Suggestion Spell (Thinkamancy) to affect the feelings of another, Jillian, and heighten those feelings. When this failed, she treated its subject as someone who had jilted her 'love' as opposed to overcome her spell. Wanda appears to confuse and hold greater care for her personal desires of how she wants others to *feel* above what the other beings actually do feel themselves. Hence she confuses her attempts to control others' feelings, as a reciprocal or mirror image of Love felt for another being and ergo thinks that Love is something that one being can in essence inflict on another (which may play into her BDSM appearance...Natural Foolamancy being a reflection of what she actually *is*) presumably for the purpose of controlling them.
- Both from Erfworld and Earth, it is easy to see examples where Love eminates entirely from within a being without the subject that the Love is for, or any other being, having any awareness the Love exists. Hence Love, as a force, appears to emanate purely from within a being, and affects how that being feels independent of the subject of that Love or another third party and thus isn't a mirror image or reciprocate of anything external. It appears probable that Jack, the foolamancer has a clearer vision than Wanda on this subject because Jack experiences keenly the difference between appearance designed to make an object/viewer feel or react in a specific way (Foolamancy) versus care of another as they actually *are* (Love). As a final note: it is possible for an object (self) to Love a subject (also the same self) for what that self really *is* and this too need not be confused in anyway with appearance, Foolamancy or Thinkamancy created to control oneself to feel a specific way, aka Narcissism.
- Natural Healomancy:
- Natural Moneymancy:
- Natural Predictamancy:
- Natural Rhyme-o-mancy
- Natural Signamancy:
- Natural Stuffamancy:
- Natural Thinkamancy