Jetstone is a royal side in Erfworld. It is one of Erfworld's oldest sides, having lasted approximately two-thirds of Erfworld's existence and a minimum of 80,000 turns. It was, until recently, ruled by King Slately, until he was killed by Parson of Gobwin Knob.
During the Battle for Gobwin Knob, its troops were led by Prince Ansom, then Chief Warlord and heir to the throne: Prince Ansom was killed during parley by the Twoll Bogroll. He was the first unit to be decrypted by Chief Croakamancer Wanda of Gobwin Knob.
- Dhrystone - Level 5
- Jetstone - Original and current Capital
- Pantstown - Level 1
- Toughskin - Seized from Haggar
- Oshkosh - Seized from Haggar
Jetstone is described as having three level 5 cities in LIAB Prologue 19, of which one is Dhrystone and another was the Capital Spacerock. Jetstone also still controls the Capital site upon which the city of Jetstone was built and the Side of Jetstone founded.
- Orgchart - Lost to Gobwin Knob.
- Brookstone (presumably) - Lost to Gobwin Knob.
- Progrock (presumably) - Lost to Gobwin Knob.
- Spacerock - Previous Capital, lost to Gobwin Knob.
- Powerstone - Former Jetstone city once held by Unaroyal. Current ownership unclear but likely held by Gobwin Knob. Notable as the city where Jojo saved Lady Sylvie Lazarus before her promotion to Warlord.
- Old King Coal - Ruler, King, founded Side, long dead.
- King Flintlock the Voluble - Ruler, King, lived eighty thousand turns ago, long dead
- King Headboard - Ruler, King, croaked at Sharonstone long ago.
- King Slately - Ruler, King, the original croaked by archons and the ditto croaked by a red dwagon.
- Crown Prince Ansom - Former Chief Warlord and Heir (croaked), decrypted and part of the Gobwin Knob Side before his capture by Jillian of Faq.
- Prince Ossomer - former Chief Warlord, briefly decrypted and part of the Gobwin Knob Side before turning back to Jetstone and facing his final destruction.
- Duke Adam Antium - Warlord, croaked by arrows in the atrium, decrypted by Wanda.
- Duke Lacrosse - Warlord, croaked by the decrypted Adam Antium in the dungeon, decrypted by Wanda, presumed destroyed.
- Sir Webinar - croaked Warlord, uncroaked by Wanda, and destroyed by Archons.
- Dora - croaked Warlord, uncroaked by Wanda, and destroyed by Archons.
- Countess Artemis - Warlord, croaked by Captain Archer, specializing in archery herself. Decrypted in the Magic Kingdom by Wanda.
- Prince Forthewin - Former Heir, croaked prior to Ansom becoming heir.
- Prince Wonderloaf
- Prince Titas
- Prince Victor
- Prince Lustrius
- Count Downer, Warlord, croaked by Captain Archer. Decrypted in the Magic Kingdom by Wanda.
- Holly Shortcake - Dollamancer, fell a long time ago trying to deliver a shipment of Battle Bears.
- Ace Hardware - Dollamancer, level 2, fell in final moments of the Battle of Spacerock. Decrypted by Wanda.
- Count Topotato - Warlord, idiot, sold to Haggar on the cheap, subsequently drowned.
- Lilith - Decrypted Archon, Prisoner, sold to Charlescomm
- King Tramennis - older brother of Prince Ossomer, was named Chief Warlord after Ossomer and Heir, both on the day he became King.
- Cubbins - Hat Magician
- Pierce - Healomancer
- Lloyd - Dittomancer
- Captain Price
- Miranda Wright - Warlord
- The Earl of Olay - a noble identified only by his/her title
- Forest units
- Flying units
- Animated Units
Livery worn by infantry and warlords is yellow-brown (light brown shirts and pants with yellow armor) with the Jetstone insignia (a radish) on the chest.
Main article: Erfworld Geography
- Sharonstone - A king of Jetstone died in battle at this city several thousand turns ago, but its ownership, both past and present, is uncertain.
- Olay - One of Jetstone's nobles is known as the Earl of Olay. This suggests the existence of a city of Olay.
Real World References
The name "Jetstone" seems to be a portmanteau of the names of the Hanna-Barbera cartoons The Jetsons and The Flintstones. King Slately's name is an amalgamation of the names of the bosses on the two shows, Mr. Spacely (Jetsons) and Mr. Slate (Flintstones). The capital, Spacerock, is named according to the themes on the two shows, and may be an amalgamation of the workplaces of the two main characters -- Fred Flintstone's the Slate Rock and Gravel Company with George Jetson's Spacely Space Sprockets. (Fred lived in Bedrock, but George lived in Orbit City.)
It's worth noting that Jet is a type of gemstone. It's where the term "jet black" originates from. It's traditionally been used in mourning jewelry for funerals, and considering how many princes and people Jetstone has lost in the story so far, it's an apt name.
In Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures, the titular hero was once sucked into mashups of other cartoons, including "The Jetstones". He was subjected to an endless, maddening theme song that introduced every member of the cast.
The radishes that are the symbol of Jetstone are reminiscent of those from Super Mario Brothers 2.