Haffaton was a side involved in conflict with Goodminton around the time when Wanda popped. Haffaton is unallied at the time,IPTSF Text 6 but later gets Frenemy and Quisling as allies.IPTSF Text 26 After the destruction of Goodminton, Haffaton obtained the services of Wanda. At the peak of its power, Haffaton were rumoured to have 40 or 50 cities, and almost completely surrounded the secret kingdom of Faq. If it had been aware of Faq's existence, it could almost certainly have conquered that small country, and perhaps have gained the services of a predictamancer and a foolamancer.
- Capital City of Haffaton, level 5 IPTSF Text 14
- another level 5 city IPTSF Text 14
- Kiloton, level 4, Haffaton's second-largest production center IPTSF Text 11
- Plankton, level 2
- Coolminton, level 1 IPTSF Text 25
- Efbaum, level 5, Capital site
- Faq, level?, Capital Site
- Kibo, level?
- Otoh, level?
Haffaton held the following cities before Goodminton captured them:
Haffaton held the following cities before Faq razed them:
- Olive Branch, Florist, Level 12
- Wanda Firebaugh, Croakamancer
- Larry Ansell, Warlord, Level 7, Deceased
- Christian Sidehug, Warlord, Level 4
- Judy Gale, Overlord
- J. Banhammer, Prisoner
- Tina, Turnamancer, Deceased
- Barton, Dollamancer, Deceased
- Komatsu, Dirtamancer, Deceased
- Maxwell, Thinkamancer, Deceased
- Maya Calendar, Predictamancer, Deceased
- War beasts
- Animated Units
- Natural Allies
According to Overlord Firebaugh, Goodminton has faced Foolamancy, Thinkamancy, Hat Magic, Wierdamancy and Carnymancy in its fight against Haffaton (in addition to Olive Branch's Flower Power). As most casters are unable to cast outside of their discipline, this likely indicates that Haffaton has a sizeable number of casters.
Real World References
The name Haffaton may refer to halftone - "technique that simulates continuous tone imagery through the use of dots, varying either in size, in shape or in spacing". This technique is used in printing photographic images - usually black-and-white - in newspapers (which may explain Haffaton's black and white livery).
Haffaton may also refer to the expression "half a ton" or "half ton" (roughly equal to 1000 pounds).
Another possible interpretation would be the expression "(to) have a ton", as in "I have a ton of units".