Gobwin Knob (Side)
Gobwin Knob redirects here. For other uses, see Gobwin Knob (disambiguation)
- 1 Proposed Canon
- 1.1 Location
- 1.2 Territory
- 1.3 Forces
- 1.4 History
Gobwin Knob is the side ruled by Stanley the Tool. Its shares its name with its capital and the volcano upon which it sits. The Battle for Gobwin Knob was a conflict over the existence of the side, fought chiefly at the capital on the mountain.
It seems Gobwin Knob is literally at the center of the current conflict, being west of Jetstone and what used to be Unaroyal (and presumably west, southwest, or northwest of sides like Hobbittm, Haggar, FoxMUD, and Sofa King). On the other side, Faq seems to be West of Gobwin Knob, and Transylvito southwest, with Jitterati and Carpool somewhere in the same area.
Gobwin Knob's territory during most of the Battle for Gobwin Knob consisted solely of the mountain on which the capital stood. Prior to this, it held several cities of unknown location, though one of them was Warchalking, just to the east of the Capital. In the turns after the battle, Gobwin Knob has expanded, retaking old cities and conquering Unaroyal completely, in doing so extending its territory east to the border of Jetstone near Bridgestone and Firestone.
- Gobwin Knob -- Capital, Level 5. Rests at the top of Gobwin Knob, an active volcano. Has special lava lake city zone.
- Unabrow -- Captured from the Unaroyal
- Unavac -- Captured from the Unaroyal
- Unatard -- Captured from the Unaroyal
- City of Unaroyal -- Captured from the Unaroyal
- Warchalking -- Level 2, Farming
- Brookstone -- Presumably captured from Jetstone
- 7 other cities -- former Gobwin Knob, Unaroyal, and Jetstone ownership (possibly others).
- Warlord Ansom (Decrypted) -- Chief Warlord, field commander
- Warlord Parson Gotti, Lord Hamster -- tactician, logistician, Mathamancer
- Warlord K.C. (Decrypted)
- Croakamancer Wanda Firebaugh -- (Chief) Croakamancer, advisor/confidant to Stanley
- Thinkamancer Maggie -- advisor/secretary to Stanley, advisor to Lord Hamster
- Foolamancer Jack Snipe -- advisor to Lord Hamster
- Dirtamancer Sizemore Rockwell -- advisor to Lord Hamster
Persons of Note
- Vurp - One of 3 best KISS members; sole surviving Hobgobwin or Gobwin after TBFGK; maintained & continued Hobgobwin alliance with Gobwin Knob
Gobwin Knob's troops come from a variety of sources.
All cities that were originally built (or rebuilt) by Gobwin knob can produce the same unit types, depending on the level of that city. Captured cities produce the units they produced under their original side.
- Men - Popped in any Gobwin Knob city. Those popped in the Capital are presumably members of the Plaid Tribe - it is not known whether any men serving the side currently were popped there. Those popped in other cities might be of different tribes. Those popped in captured cities almost certainly are.
- Infantry - Can be popped in any city of Level 1 or higher.
- Warlords - Can be built in Cities of Level Two or higher.
- Twolls - Can be popped in any Gobwin Knob clone city of Level 1 or higher.
- Spidews - Seen operating alone and carrying gobwins, hobgobwins, and uncroaked warlords. Can be popped in any Gobwin Knob clone city of Level Two or higher.
- Dwagons - Can be popped in any Gobwin Knob clone city of Level Three or higher.
- Pink, Purple, and Yellow Dwagons - weaker types that may simply be quicker to produce than other types.
- Red, Blue, Green and Brown Dwagons - these stronger types may only become available for production at Level Four or Level Five.
- Plated Dwagons - these armored versions may simply take longer to produce or may only be available at higher city levels.
- Uncroaked - Wanda could uncroak dead man-sized units of Gobwin Knob's or its enemies.
- Golems - Sizemore could create five types of golem from mineral resources available to him in the Capital.
- Soft Rock
- Hard Rock
- Acid Rock
- Gobwin - Provided specialist tunnel fighters. Once plentiful in the mountain that shares their name, after the Volcano Uncroaking, all gobwins serving Gobwin Knob were croaked and the alliance dissolved. Since then, despite all effort, no contact has been made with any gobwins.
- Dwagons - Once Stanley had the Arkenhammer, the Capital could pop dwagons, and Stanley could tame wild ones. It is not known if the side had any access to dwagons prior to aquiring the hammer. Dwagons can also be Popped in any Razed and Rebuilt Cities of Level Three or higher.
- Decrypted - after the BfGK, Wanda captured and attuned to the Arkenpliers, and has since had seemingly limitless ability to raise dead units, including:
Unclear. At the end of the Battle for Gobwin Knob, the side consisted of:
- 1 Overlord
- 1 Warlord
- 4 Casters
- 1 Hobgobwin Knight
- 2 Rock Golems
- 7 Dwagons
- a "scattering" of Uncroaked
Since that point, the side has been popping Twolls, hiring Hobgobwins, taming dwagons, and decrypting a vast number of fallen units, beginning with possibly thousands of troops in the day following the battle, and then bolstering its numbers with each new city claimed (12 so far). As of the battle for Jetstone, Gobwin Knob currently has a grand total of "about 9400 units".
Prior to the Battle for Gobwin Knob
- Lady Phat-Singh -- Warlord, uncroaked
- Ensign Toast -- Warlord, uncroaked
- Sir Leeroy Jenkins -- Warlord, uncroaked
During the Battle for Gobwin Knob
- Lord Manpower the Temporary -- Chief Warlord, uncroaked, destroyed
- Lady Phat-Singh -- uncroaked Warlord, destroyed
- Ensign Toast -- uncroaked Warlord, destroyed
- Sir Leeroy Jenkins -- uncroaked Warlord, destroyed
- Sir Webinar -- uncroaked Jetstone Warlord, destroyed
- Dora -- uncroaked Jetstone Warlord, destroyed
- Bogroll -- Twoll lackey to Parson, croaked by Coalition forces
- Henchman Mung -- Hobgobwin henchman to Wanda, croaked
- Jaclyn -- uncroaked Archon, destroyed
During the Destruction of Unaroyal
Known Gobwin Knob history begins under King Saline IV. Currently survived by only two members of his tribe, Stanley the Tool and Sizemore Rockwell, he is fondly remembered by the latter, and raised the former from piker to warlord, Chief Warlord, and Heir Designate.
The alliances with the gobwins and hobgobwins were strong even back then, and so it was a severe shock when they broke alliance and attacked Gobwin Knob while Stanley, at the time long Chief Warlord and in posession of the Arkenhammer, and newly named Heir, was conveniently away with his dwagons and many of the city's casters. The city was taken and King Saline IV was croaked. Since Stanley was the heir of the kingdom, the side continued to exist under his rule. He returned the next day with the Arkenhammer, casters, and dwagons and succesfully retook the city. During the Battle for Gobwin Knob, the faction consisted mainly of the gobwins and hobgobwins with very few men remaining in its service - and many of those not of Plaid descent.
Known Members of the Plaid Tribe: