Difference between revisions of "Foolamancy"
|(5 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 16:35, 27 March 2012
- Veiling Units or even Cities
- Can create large scale illusions and sounds at high volume levels, as when Jack Snipe creates a gigantic projection of Stanley and "plays" martial music during the celebration of Stanley's return to Gobwin Knob.
- can detect veiled units such as archons (LIAB Text 6)
- Displacement: The caster makes a stack invisible, and creates a holographic projection of that stack some distance away. The image behaves as the stack, and reveals the stack just as it is, with no changes, so enemies can see the strength and composition, as well as the action, of the stack, but are misled as to its location.Erf-b2-p7
- Baffle: The stack(s) are visually obscured, but may still be targeted. It's unclear how much of a defense bonus this gives, but would make it difficult or impossible to target individual units.Erf-b2-p36
It is suggested that chances to see through a veil are determined by the number of units veiled multiplied by the number of warlords looking. In Page 107Erf-b1-p107 there are 11 warlords looking for "30 or so" units giving around 300 chances. A direct multiplication would give 330 chances for that particular stack to find 30 veiled units.
Another explanation for "330 chances" is that each warlord rolls once against each veiled unit that it might see. If the roll is a success, that warlord sees that unit. The chances of winning that roll would therefore still be unknown.