Erfwiki:Current events

From Erfwiki
Revision as of 11:22, 20 September 2011 by HistoricAccount MisterB777 (talk | contribs) (Undo revision 56633 by Shoes521 (talk) spammy-spammy-spam-spam)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Wiki started Friday, April 4. Open for editing Monday, April 6.

Some users reporting confirmation errors related to email characters, but registration is working.

Panel by panel archive for Book 1 completed. Woo!

Well, kinda. The structure of all the pages is in place; the actual panel transcriptions and descriptions are entered up to page 115 (at this writing). At this pace, I figure it'll be done in a week or so.SteveMB 00:33, 27 May 2009 (UTC)
Faster now that you're helping again. I was wondering... Yeah, Rob, the text is only 2/3rds done, and then I think we have to go back to the start and re-format a bunch. There were some changes to the way we did things part way in, and those need to be retroactively added. --Kreistor 00:51, 27 May 2009 (UTC)
Engineering Maxim: First make it work (i.e. get the basic information in); then make it pretty (i.e. hash out the formatting and such).SteveMB 01:48, 27 May 2009 (UTC)
We're down to the last handful of pages; then it's just a matter of cleanup, format tweaking, and adding notes (over time, I think that the wiki page/panel views will grow what amounts to a full-fledged concordance of pop-culture references, etc). SteveMB 14:32, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
And adding noinclude-subpages -to every panel's description and dialogue. But yeah, now we can talk about formatting, yay... like how the dialogue should be put together, and whether notes should be kept on panel, page, or both... Commander I. Heartly Noah June 3 2009
I've put a proposed format style guide on my user talk page. SteveMB 20:01, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
I've been making a second pass through (currently up to about page 30). I wrote an EditPad macro to do a few standard things (add the <noinclude>{{subpage}}</noinclude> linkback, add canonical-name links for some of the main characters) that constitute about 90% of the job (the other 10% is mostly tidying up footnotes -- which IMO is ultimately the most useful feature in this part of the wiki), so it goes pretty fast when I have an odd moment to get through a few more pages. SteveMB 20:08, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
Ugh, I've been doing that stuff by hand. Commander I. Heartly Noah
I've tweaked the macro a bit to add a [[Category:Frame Contents]] tag to the Text/Description pages, so they stop clogging the "Uncategorized Pages" list. I'll be at a con this weekend, but should have some more free time to do some more on it next week. SteveMB 02:41, 18 June 2009 (UTC)

Are we going to have a page for this new Summer Update? Linked from TBFGK 150? What will it be called? How does that get set up? Commander I. Heartly Noah June 4 2009

The Summer Updates should probably have their own template setup (probably a simplified version of the Pager template, since there aren't any individual panels -- just one image, a description, and the text). I'm not familiar enough with wiki templates to set something like that up myself. SteveMB 18:41, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
I've been putting up all the Summer Updates (no one else is), but we need someone to put in all the pictures. Someone did some of them, but we're missing several. CIHN

We need to set it up so that the 1st intermission pages have descriptions of the pictures like normal panels, and that the LIAB Text pages have descriptions and are included in a panel-by-panel viewing. This should be as simple as making them normal pages with one panel, but I can't figure out how to do it. -- CIHN