It is apparently a rare discipline and highly valued around the Magic Kingdom. Conversely it seems to be under-appreciated outside of the Magic Kingdom.
- Moving and digging through solid stone.
- Creating and healing Dirtamancy golems such as
- Creation of booby traps. (Could be solely the application of enhanced digging or tunneling abilities.)
- Construction and demolition of buildings and similar battlefield and civil engineering tasks.
- Building walls, tilling gardens, digging foundations, making stone paths, etc.
- Alteration of terrain type. (Accomplished by a Dirtamancer linked by a Thinkamancer to a Croakamancer.)
A Dirtamancer is also known to give a substantial combat bonus to Dirtamancy golems under his or her command.
A Dirtamancer present in the city at the time of an upgrade also substantially reduces the cost.
A Dirtamancer that is present when a city upgrades dictates the look of the city and the livery (if any) present within.
As a form of Stuffamancy, Dirtamancy is aligned with Matter, but not with Life or Motion. However, most of the abilities which a Dirtamancer commands seem to allow him to either grant matter a magical substitute for Life (as in the creation of golems), or to involve the movement of matter, (such as in the construction of tunnels.)