Chief Caster is usually selected among Casters by the virtue of highest level. However, Casters of lower levels are sometimes installed as Chief Casters (for example, Wanda Firebaugh replaced Delphie Temple as Chief Caster of Goodminton by order of Overlord Firebaugh despite being of lower level than Delphie).
Chief Caster can issue orders to other Casters, which they must obey, although orders of Ruler and Chief Warlord supercede those of Chief Caster.IPTSF Text 10 In most Sides Rulers or Chief Warlords supervise the use of Casters and the position of Chief Caster is more of a honorary title. However, in exceptional cases (e.g. in case of Goodminton) Chief Caster can determine the strategy for use of magic and set orders to Casters.IPTSF Text 10
A Chief Caster has the right to assert command of magical battles.Erf-b3-p124
Known Chief Casters
- Benjamin, Chief Moneymancer to Transylvito.Erf-b2-p59
- Pierce, Chief Healomancer to Jetstone.Erf-b2-pT41
- Duke Robert Dinero, Chief Moneymancer to Delkey.
- Sizemore Rockwell, Chief Dirtamancer to Gobwin Knob.Erf-b3-p141
- Willis Circle, Chief Thinkamancer to Follywood.
Former Chief Casters
- Lady Delphie Temple, Chief Predictamancer to Goodminton, replaced by Wanda.IPTSF Text 10
- Holly Shortcake, Chief Dollamancer to Jetstone before her croaking.Erf-b2-pT30
- Dame Olive Branch, Chief Florist to Haffaton before her defeat.IPTSF Text 9
- Brother Orwell, Chief Lookamancer to Faq before its destruction.
- Lady Wanda Firebaugh, Chief Croakamancer to Goodminton (before its destruction) and to Gobwin Knob (before her capture).