- As of yet Unknown.
- Possibly the Fate magic behind the Arkenhammer.
- May reduce enemy abilities, similar to how carnival games are 'fixed' to be disproportionately difficult.
- May have minor abilities of other schools, which would explain why the Arkenhammer has so many different and wild abilities.
- May involve taming of wild units, which would correspond to the Arkenhammer, like in a circus carnival.
- May involve mesmerizing the enemy with flashy production values, if Carnymancy was the extra element in the Vanna "Wheel of Fortune" linked Turnamancy spell. Since carnivals involve fooling the "townies", are there links to Foolamancy?
Being linked to all 3 elements, and to fate, it is indeed powerful. As it has to do with fate and changing it, and fate can be thought of as cause and effect, Carnymancy can totally redefine the show, causing changes in cause and effect, altering fate thereby. IE, just because you tossed a railroad fuse into a barrel of black opwder does not therefore mean you will get an explosion, if there's a carny-mancer around; you MIGHT get a sudden explosion- of popping open paper flowers in flame colors instead. Therefore, such a mage might have an odd perspective of the universe, as for him/her normal CAUSE AND EFFECT IS ONE OF MANY EXCITING POSSIBILITIES. They may therefore superficially be thought to be other than sane. Who knows, maybe that's correct. Reality, such a concept. -Deliberatus