As indicated by the Predictamancer Marie Lavraie, like a carnival carny it may be that carnymancers take non-carnies as stooges or suckers to be played. It is possible that carnymancers lie to these suckers as required to manipulate or alter Fate. After all, who but a master cheat would claim to be able to cheat Fate itself?
- Similarly, Carnymancers may also be related to modern day con artists for their tendancy to trick 'marks' into participating in their scams.
- Alternatively, Carnymancers may also adhere to a 'trickster' archetype, where their actions are not only meant to harm or inconvenience an individual, but may also help or instruct.
- Possibly the Fate magic behind the Arkenhammer.
- May reduce enemy abilities, similar to how carnival games are 'fixed' to be disproportionately difficult.
- May have minor abilities of other schools, which would explain why the Arkenhammer has so many different and wild abilities.
- May involve taming of wild units, which would correspond to the Arkenhammer, like in a circus carnival.
- May involve mesmerizing the enemy with flashy production values, if Carnymancy was the extra element in the Vanna "Wheel of Fortune" linked Turnamancy spell. Since carnivals involve fooling the "townies", are there links to Foolamancy?
- Being in the Fate axis, could involve the alteration of cause and effect, totally redefining the show.