Tower of Efdup
The Tower of Efdup was a structure in the Garrison of Gobwin Knob. It somewhat resembled an air traffic control tower with a spire on top.Erf-b1-p023 The Tower was considered a zone of the garrison for the purpose of Unit Movement. It could only be attacked from Airspace and other Garrison zones.Erf-b1-p116a It provided a bonus to CastersErf-b1-p116a, though the specifics were never revealed.
The tower consisted of several distinctive sections:
- a section above ground level up to a round observation platform
- the observation platform and parapet
- a spire above the observation platform
All three sections were connected by a round staircase.Erf-b1-p026
The section above ground level and up to a round observation platform contained:
- the libraryErf-b1-p043
- Eight flights of stairs up, (128 steps) from the library to the Situation Room
- the situation roomErf-b1-p045
- with the holographic battle table LIAB Prologue 17
The observation platform contained:
- an office for the Ruler
- a parapet that was used for observationErf-b1-p023
- a room where the summoning spell was castErf-b1-p017 and Erf-b1-p023
The spire above the observation platform contained:
- living quarters for some units, including ParsonErf-b1-p035 and probably WandaErf-b1-p074
- four spikes, on which dwagons perchedErf-b1-p031 Erf-b1-p035
Parson lured Prince Ansom to the parapet under pretense of accepting Parson's surrender.Erf-b1-p130 The surrendering Parson turned out to be Bogroll in disguise, who tackled Ansom off of his flying carpet to both his and Bogroll's death.Erf-b1-p131
The Second Tower of Efdup
After the destruction of the original tower, and the end of the battle for Gobwin Knob, Stanley paid to have the city repaired to level 5. This included a new tower, with a completely new look. The new tower, unlike the original, is square, stately, and symmetrical. It still has a large number of stairs.
It is not clear where Wanda's living quartersErf-b1-p027are located. However given her past displeasure at being quartered in the Dungeon level during her time in Goodminton, it is likely her chambers are somewhere in the Tower.
Real World References
The name is probably a pun on "The Tower of F'd Up", or more colloquially, it's an "F'ed up Tower".