Maybe someone else has an answer for this, but with regards to limiting the number of casters... it seems to be that it has to be cost based, not just chance-of-popping based. We know that lots of casters effectively "Starve" in the Magic Kingdom: if sides in general felt caster starved, it seems like they could just volunteer to join any side on Erf.
Maybe casters are like cities - the more you have, the worse each one is for you economically? Like, each subsequent caster increases the cost of all casters by 30%?
04:59, 21 December 2014 (UTC)04:59, 21 December 2014 (UTC)~
- The So-be-it Union only had 2 casters between all 4 sides, yet never tried to recruit desperate casters, so it couldn't just be exponential cost. I guess it just doesn't occur to the incredibly uncreative Erfworlders that this is even a possibility? Erfworld's culture and technological development do not progress in the slightest after all, so I wouldn't put this limited thinking past them.--ManaCaster (talk) 05:39, 21 December 2014 (UTC)
I didn't want to edit directly because I'm not sure I should for this, but under speculation: Caster Creation, "Casters cannot be popped," on page 78 of book 1 Sizemore mentioned he was popped under Saline IV. While there may be more possibilities, the obvious implication is that he was popped by Gobwin Knob.
- The line is "cannot be popped intentionally." When a side pops a warlord, there is a small percentage chance they get a caster instead. - user:Commander I. Heartly Noah
Hypothetically, if a barbarian caster found an unused capital site (Like FAQ used to be) or an unused city, could a caster become an Overlord? We know that Barbarian warlords can, and we know that casters are basically warlords without a leadership ability. So if this is true, what kind of bonuses could a Caster have as a faction leader? - Jedifreak
- It's an interesting question. My guess is no, but it would be cool if so. - CIHN
- Now that I think about it, perhaps that is what Charlie is. - Jedifreak
- We know that casters can be made overlords - Wanda for example (however short that was) - that fact seems to support this, however we don't know if Firebaugh had to promote Wanda "through the ranks" per-se to get there and just did it all at once.126.96.36.199 14:04, 4 February 2013 (EST)
Outright speculation from the main page
Moved from the main page (posted by an anonymous user): "It may be possible to intentionally pop a caster through a link up of some combination of Luckimancer, Turnimancer, Carnymancer and/or Moneymancer, but more information is need about those schools to be sure of this." --Muzzafar 02:45, 27 November 2011 (EST)
Redirect from Casters
If it makes sense to the local environs, please consider making a redirect from a "Casters" page to the Casters list here -- or moving the list to the plural Casters page. "Casters" is the page I looked for first, only to find it didn't exist. ONly found this one when doing a search. 188.8.131.52 14:37, 21 July 2012 (EDT)