Page by page (17)
Panel by panel (17:1)
Wanda Firebaugh, outlined in light, stands with her feet splayed and cyan light shining in a disc above her upstretched hands. The room is dark, with a large red cylinder outlined in red light filling the centre and blue squares outlined in blue light orbiting in the air around the cylinder.|||
Wanda throws an irritated-looking glance over her shoulder at Stanley. Her eyes and clothing glow with cyan energy.|||
Still grinning excitedly, Stanley makes an emphatic gesture.|||
Stanley the Plaid: I want that, too!
Now think. I want a guy who's commanded all different kinds of battles.
I want him to be obsessed with war. Somebody who plans wars and kills his foes for fun.
I want a guy who snacks on gwiffons and eats Marbits for BREAKFAST!
Wanda turns her face back up to the disc of cyan light as Stanley continues to give her directions.|||
Stanley's grin hasn't faded as he continues to list.|||
A bulky humanoid silhouette, fallen on all fours, appears in the casting circle in the middle of the Tower of Efdup casting chamber.|||
- ^ The appearance of the Tower of Efdup casting room in this scene references the movie Tron.
- ^ Shock and Awe is a colloquial term for a military doctrine of applying overwhelming might to break the enemy's will and ability to fight as quickly as possible. The doctrine was developed in the U.S. in 1996, and invoked during the buildup to and early action of the 2003 Iraq War.
- ^ Stanley shows a little more scientific practicality and foresight than we might have expected from him before this. Not all tiny overlords would think of those criteria.
- ^ "Scruby" references wargaming miniatures manufacturer Jack Scruby.
- ^ An echo of the sound effect from TBFGK 16:8 (possibly indicative that this summoning is a plot device).