Hat Magicians appear to have a job finding network similar to the thinkamancers. Instead of being able to send out a general call however, Hat Magicians must use message hats and job posting boards. This is slower, but cheaper.
- Magic Hat Creation
- Among them are: Message hats can be used to send small items, like written messages and gems; Thinking caps can protect against being fooled and counfounded.
- Small Object Conjuration
- In the hands of a Hat Magician, a Magic Hat has been used for small object conjuration.
- Hat Magic-powered Golems
- Creation of snow golems, which is completed by putting a hat on the snowman's head.
- Pop a Cap
- Pulling rabbits out of hats to attack the caster's enemies. Cubbins uses this to "Pop a Cap" (the page picture above).
- Thinking Cap
- Create a hat (or crown) that renders the wearer immune to Thinkamancy.
Known Hat Mages
- Cubbins a Hat Magician in the service of Jetstone.
- Hatfield "MC Hattie" McCoy, a qualified barbarian Hat Magician who resides in the Magic Kingdom
- Skeve Memebag, a qualified barbarian caster who resides in the Magic Kingdom
As the traditional use of pulling thing from a hat hints at, Hat Magic is linked to instantanous transport such as portals and could include some type of hammerspace as a natural form of it.
This hints that the possibility of using hat magic to conceal your gems in portals attached to terrain features - hidden trapdoors, if you will. Anything involving (for instance) three obelisks which will open a hidden area if you put a ruby on each and say the magic word "Avalon", would be hat magic. The portal that got the casters out of Gobwin Knob before the volcano erupted would have been hat magic.
Real World References
Hat Magic is a reference to classic stage magicians, who pull rabbits and other things out of apparently empty hats.
Hat Magicians are sometimes referred to by the title of 'Haberdasher.' Most female Hat Magicians go by this title as well, though they may go by the title of 'Milliner' if they specialize in making hats for female units.
Hat Magicians can carry animal units in their hats, such as Orlies or Killer Rabbits.