Gobwin Knob (Side)
Gobwin Knob redirects here. For other uses, see Gobwin Knob (disambiguation)
- 1 Proposed Canon
- 1.1 Location
- 1.2 Treasury
- 1.3 Territory
- 1.4 Inhabitants
- 1.5 Forces
- 1.5.1 Troops
- 1.5.2 Current Strength
- 1.5.3 Casualties
- 188.8.131.52 Prior to the Battle for Gobwin Knob
- 184.108.40.206 During the Battle for Gobwin Knob
- 220.127.116.11 During the Destruction of Unaroyal
- 18.104.22.168 During the Battle of Expository Bridge
- 22.214.171.124 During the Battle of Progrock
- 126.96.36.199 During the Battle of Spacerock
- 188.8.131.52 During Faq's rampage through Gobwin Knob's territory
- 184.108.40.206 During Tool Stanley's counter attack
- 220.127.116.11 During the Assault on Castle Lilith
- 18.104.22.168 During Operation Big Game
- 1.6 History
- 2 Citations
Gobwin Knob is the side ruled by Stanley the Tool. Its shares its name with its former capital and the volcano upon which it sits. The Battle for Gobwin Knob was a conflict over the existence of the side, fought chiefly at the capital on the mountain.
Gobwin Knob is literally at the center of the current conflict, being northwest of Jetstone and Haggar, due west of FoxMUD, Sofa King, Hyatt and what used to be Unaroyal, north of Hobbittm and Rightshoring, east of Faq and Transylvito, and south of Charlescomm.
Before the Battle for Gobwin Knob, the side had over 500,000 schmuckers in its treasury, most of which was spent to summon Parson. During the Volcano Uncroaking, Sizemore uncovered millions of schmuckers in gems, and said Gobwin Knob "could be the richest side in Erfworld". This wealth allowed Stanley to expand both cities and native allies (first Hobgobwins, later Juggle Elves). However, that amount was dwarfed by the results of Operation: Big Game. Gobwin Knob took 30 million schmuckers from Charlescomm, making them almost certainly the second wealthiest side known (but still far behind Charlescomm). During the Battle of the Magic Kingdom Claud Gauntlet sensed the treasury was 29,974,905 schmuckers. He was then penalized 5,000,000 schmuckers, for immobilizing a Charlescomm unit, resulting in a treasury of 24,974,905 schmuckers.
Gobwin Knob's territory during most of the Battle for Gobwin Knob consisted solely of the mountain on which the capital stood. Prior to this, it held ten other cities of unknown location, though one of them was Warchalking, just to the east of the Capital. In the turns after the battle, Gobwin Knob has expanded, retaking old cities and conquering Unaroyal completely, in doing so extending its territory east to the border of Jetstone near Bridgestone and Firestone.
The side currently consists of its Capital and fourteen other cities following the rebuilding of Progrock, Brookstone, Bohica, the capture of Spacerock and the loss of the city formerly known as Gobwin Knob.
The capital was transferred to Spacerock in order to save Parson from an inferno.
- Spacerock -- Capital, Level 4, Sapient Tower, Captured from Jetstone
- City of Unaroyal -- Captured from Barbarians, former capital of Unaroyal, Level 4
- Warchalking -- Level 2, Farming, retaken from Unaroyal
- Greenwashing -- Reclaimed Gobwin Knob city on slight detour off the Orgchart-Warchalking-Faq route
- Orgchart -- Recaptured from the RCC II, Level 3
- Bohica -- Captured from Unaroyal, razed by Faq, subsequently rebuilt
- Unatard -- Recaptured from the Unaroyal, close to Hobbittm territory
- Unabrow -- Captured from the Unaroyal, May have been razed and rebuilt under another name
- Unavac -- Captured from the Unaroyal, May have been razed and rebuilt under another name
- Dwagoncon -- Level 3+, built over the ruins of the Unaroyal City of Motoroyal, capable of popping dwagons
- Progrock -- Captured from Jetstone, razed by Faq, subsequently rebuilt
- Brookstone -- Captured from Jetstone, razed by Faq, subsequently rebuilt
- 3 other cities -- former Gobwin Knob, Unaroyal, and Jetstone ownership (possibly others).
- Gobwin Knob -- Former capital, Level 5. Rests at the top of Gobwin Knob, an active volcano. Has special lava lake city zone. Was conquered by Faq and renamed to "I'm Coming For You Stanley".
- Stanley the Tool, Warlord, Overlord/Ruler
- Parson Gotti, Lord Hamster, Warlord, Level 3, Chief Warlord
- Lady Wanda Firebaugh, former Chief Croakamancer, advisor/confidant/concubine to Stanley
- Sizemore Rockwell, Dirtamancer, Chief Caster
- Ivan Poe, Dirtamancer, Decrypted
- Jack Snipe, Foolamancer, Decrypted, croaked and decrypted at the Siege of Spacerock
- Maggie, Thinkamancer, Level 4
- Ace Hardware, Dollamancer, Level 2, Decrypted
- Claud Gauntlet, Dollamancer, Decrypted
- Marie Lavraie, Predictamancer, Decrypted
- Ansom, Level 10 Warlord, Decrypted
- Adam Antium, Warlord, Level 7, Decrypted
- Jonah Vark, Warlord, Level 3, Decrypted, in charge of Unaroyal's former capital, the city of Unaroyal
- Murray Antoinette, Warlord. Level 2, Decrypted
- Tim Foilhat, Warlord
- Winston Payne, Warlord
- Bonnie, Archon, Level 9, Decrypted
- Jed, the golem tower of Spacerock
- Zhopa, twoll, serves in Spacerock as lackey to Tool Stanley
- Odie Ose, Juggle Elf, former Superfluous Elf, knight
- Treebeer, Juggle Elf, former Woodsy Elf, Miracle pole wielding knight
- Escapelle, Juggle Elf
- Georgia Power, Warlord, Level 8, Decrypted, dusted by Marie Lavraie (also GK unit at the time)
- Lady Sylvia Lazarus, Level 6 Warlord, Decrypted, Was caught in a huge explosion at Spacerock, presumed to have collapsed to dust from her wounds
- K.C., Warlord, Decrypted, May have been destroyed during the drop to Spacerock's Garrison or in the subsequent battle, hasn't been spoken of since
- Lacrosse, Warlord, Decrypted, M.I.A. as he isn't present in the small band of survivors at Spacerock
- Lord Manpower the Temporary, Chief Warlord, uncroaked, destroyed
- Princess Cruz, Decrypted Unaroyal Warlord, destroyed by K.C.
- Ossomer, Decrypted Warlord, deserted to Jetstone
- Lookamancer Misty, croaked by feedback from broken Caster Link
- King Saline IV, Ruler, lost in Gobwin Insurrection
- Lady Phat-Singh, Warlord, uncroaked, destroyed
- Ensign Toast, Warlord, uncroaked, destroyed
- Sir Leeroy Jenkins, Warlord, uncroaked, destroyed
- Bogroll, Twoll lackey with a heart of gold, deceased
- Mung Hobgobwin henchman with a heart of muscle, deceased
- Fud, Hobgobwin Heavy, deceased
- Vurp, top level Hobgobwin Knight, Chief of the allied Hobgobwins. Betrayed Gobwin Knob to Charlescomm after being coerced by a spell called binding arbitration
- 2 unnamed casters, decrypted
- Downer, Warlord, Decrypted, dusted
- Shawn Bawn, Rhyme-o-mancer, Decrypted, executed by Buck Nugget
- Artemis, Warlord, Decrypted, Level 8, prisoner of barbarian casters
- Lilith, Archon, Decrypted, prisoner of barbarian casters
- Sandy, Archon, Decrypted, prisoner of barbarian casters
- Raven, Archon, Decrypted, prisoner of barbarian casters
Gobwin Knob's troops come from a variety of sources.
All cities that were originally built (or rebuilt) by Gobwin knob can produce the same unit types, depending on the level of that city. Captured cities produce the units they produced under their original side.
- Men - Popped in any Gobwin Knob city. Those popped in the Capital are presumably members of the Plaid Tribe - it is not known whether any men serving the side currently were popped there. Those popped in other cities might be of different tribes. Those popped in captured cities almost certainly are.
- Infantry - Can be popped in any city of Level 1 or higher.
- Flying units
- Uncroaked - Wanda could uncroak dead man-sized units of Gobwin Knob's or its enemies.
- Dirtamancy Golems - Sizemore could create five types of golem from mineral resources available to him in the Capital.
- Soft Rock
- Hard Rock
- Acid Rock
- Gobwin - Provided specialist tunnel fighters. Once plentiful in the mountain that shares their name, after the Volcano Uncroaking, all gobwins serving Gobwin Knob were croaked and the alliance dissolved. Since then, despite all effort, no contact has been made with any feral goblins. This is later confirmed to be the doing of Charlescomm, which bribed them to join Charlie's side.
- Hobgobwins - Provided roughly man-sized units. They switch to Charlescomm after Charlie uses a spell called binding arbitration to coerce Vurp into betraying Gobwin Knob.
- Juggle Elves - Used to replace the Hobgobwin Knights and use destructive foraging in enemy territory. In addition to an inner core of native Juggle Elves, this alliance also provides Gobwin Knob with some elves from just about every tribe. Aside from a few knights, the Juggle Elves stay away from Gobwin Knob's cities and are used to wreck things in the field.
- Dwagons - Once Stanley had the Arkenhammer, he could tame wild ones. It is not known if the side had any access to dwagons prior to aquiring the hammer. Dwagons can also be Popped in any Razed and Rebuilt Cities of Level Three or higher.
- Decrypted - after the BfGK, Wanda captured and attuned to the Arkenpliers, and has since had seemingly limitless ability to raise dead units, including:
Since that point, the side has been popping Twolls, hiring Hobgobwins, taming dwagons, and decrypting a vast number of fallen units, beginning with possibly thousands of troops in the day following the battle, and then bolstering its numbers with each new city claimed (14), rapidly raising the force exponentially to its current size - over 9000 units added in 75 turns, averaging over 120 new units per turn.
Losses at and around Spacerock may have exceeded two thousand slain or taken. Well over a thousand fell at Battle of Expository Bridge alone, to that count must be added all soldiers present at Progrock, the defenders of Brookstone and almost all of those who reached Spacerock. Gobwin Knob's current population must have fallen below eight thousand. However almost three hundred bodies were recovered in a Decryptable state when Spacerock was finally captured, alleviating the damage somewhat.
Following these events, Faq sacked a further three Gobwin Knob cities, including Bohica, slaughtering all defenders, but were defeated and forced to release their prisoners. All Gobwin Knob's Hobgobwin's defected to Charlescomm during that battle. Gobwin Knob has enjoyed thirteen turns of production since the fall of Spacerock.
The loss of all forces in the Magic Kingdom has weakened the side further, but an alliance has been formed with Juggle Elves, which may boost the side's numbers to a new high.
Prior to the Battle for Gobwin Knob
- Lady Phat-Singh -- Warlord, uncroaked
- Ensign Toast -- Warlord, uncroaked
- Sir Leeroy Jenkins -- Warlord, uncroaked
During the Battle for Gobwin Knob
- Lord Manpower the Temporary -- Chief Warlord, uncroaked, destroyed
- Lady Phat-Singh -- uncroaked Warlord, destroyed
- Ensign Toast -- uncroaked Warlord, destroyed
- Sir Leeroy Jenkins -- uncroaked Warlord, destroyed
- Sir Webinar -- uncroaked Jetstone Warlord, destroyed
- Dora -- uncroaked Jetstone Warlord, destroyed
- Archduke Ferdinand -- uncroaked Warlord, destroyed
- Bogroll -- Twoll lackey to Parson, croaked by Coalition forces
- Henchman Mung -- Hobgobwin henchman to Wanda, croaked
- Jaclyn -- uncroaked Archon, destroyed
- Gobwins, allied tribe exterminated.
- Infantry, Stabbers, Pikers, Archers, croaked to the last man.
- Hobgobwins, only one survived the battle.
- Twolls, all at Stanley's command perished.
- Spidews, all in service to Gobwin Knob fell.
- Fifty Dwagons, various colours, croaked.
- Golems, of thirty five Dirtamantic Golems, two survived.
- Uncroaked, all but a scattering reduced to dust.
During the Destruction of Unaroyal
During the Battle of Expository Bridge
- One Decrypted Archon, destroyed.
- One Spidew, croaked.
- Fifteen Twolls, croaked.
- Captain Ford, Decrypted Warlord, destroyed.
- Captain Twenty, Decrypted Warlord, destroyed.
- Wrigley and four stacks of Decrypted Infantry, destroyed.
- Rest of Column, presumed to be annihilated.
During the Battle of Progrock
- All defenders slain or taken.
During the Battle of Spacerock
- K.C., Decrypted Warlord, missing in action since lunch.
- Ossomer, Decrypted Warlord, deserted to Jetstone.
- All thirty odd Decrypted Archons, murdered by Jetstone's Archers and airforce, aside from one they captured.
- Three Decrypted Red Dwagons, destroyed by Countess Artemis and her followers.
- Three Decrypted Green Dwagons, destroyed by the followers of Countess Artemis.
- One Decrypted Purple Dwagon, destroyed by the followers of Countess Artemis.
- One Hobgobwin Heavy Knight, cut down by the followers of Countess Artemis.
- One Plated Decrypted Red Dwagon, destroyed by a well placed rock.
- Captain Archer, Decrypted Warlord, crushed by the Plushy Rock Lobbers.
- Most Units left in the City, (Hobgobwins, Decrypted Infantry, Warlords and Dwagons), blown to pieces in a friendly pyre incident.
- A stack of Decrypted Infantry suffered heavy losses fighting the retinue of King Slately in the throne room.
- Rocks fell, Jack Snipe was sent to the great jester in the sky.
- Several Decrypted Infantry burned up in the Inferno.
- A Decrypted Purple Dwagon, last seen trapped beneath burning rubble during an inferno.
- All defenders of Brookstone slain or taken
- All defenders of Bohica slain or taken
- At least four Dwagons were among the fallen
- Two other cities sacked with all defenders slain or taken
- A Purple Dwagon was last seen being engulfed by an enemy Megalogwiff
- A pair of Blue Dwagons went MIA during the fighting
- A number of soldiers were last seen falling from a slain enemy Megalogwiff
- All allied Hobgobwin's deserted to Charlescomm
- Fights would have broken out all over Gobwin Knob as a result of this, causing untold losses
During the Assault on Castle Lilith
- Elements of Lilith's mind were lost during the fighting
During Operation Big Game
- Decrypted warlord Downer, dusted by free casters.
- Unnamed newly decrypted archon, dusted by Charlescomm.
- Most decrypted infantry that Gobwin Knob had in Magic Kingdom, but three units, dusted by Charlescomm and free casters.
- Two unnamed newly decrypted casters, dusted by Charlescomm and free casters.
- Marie Lavraie, allied Predictamancer, croaked by free casters.
- Prisoners taken in Transylvito:
- Prisoners taken by free casters of Magic Kingdom:
Known Gobwin Knob history begins under King Saline IV. Currently survived by only two members of his tribe, Stanley the Tool and Sizemore Rockwell, he is fondly remembered by the latter, and raised the former from piker to warlord, Chief Warlord, and Heir Designate.
The alliances with the gobwins and hobgobwins were strong even back then, and so it was a severe shock when they broke alliance and attacked Gobwin Knob while Stanley, at the time long Chief Warlord and in posession of the Arkenhammer, and newly named Heir, was conveniently away with his dwagons and many of the city's casters. The city was taken and King Saline IV was croaked. Since Stanley was the heir of the kingdom, the side continued to exist under his rule. He returned the next day with the Arkenhammer, casters, and dwagons and successfully retook the city. During the Battle for Gobwin Knob, the faction consisted mainly of the gobwins and hobgobwins with very few men remaining in its service - and many of those not of Plaid descent.
Known Members of the Plaid Tribe: