Royalty and Nobility
All royals are descended directly from the original 99 kings and queens created directly by the Titans' own hands.
Nobles have a title designating their social status, such as Duke Nozzle, Count Vinny Doombats, or Viscount Caesar Borgata. "Lord" and "Lady" have been used for both noble and caster units (as well as Parson), but not Royal units.
King Slately LIAB Text 42 listed the following Royal Ideals, though there may be more than those listed here. (Presumably the missing list includes Duty.) Since Loyalty is also a unit's attribute, the others may be as well.
Some Royals subscribe to the ideology of Royalism, the belief that they were meant by the Titans to rule over Erfworld, and that non-royal and non-noble units are not fit to rule. These beliefs are challenged by the ideology of Toolism, which emphasizes atunement to the Arkentools as the ultimate source of divine right to rule.
Known Royal Units
- King Saline IV - Croaked
- Corso the Dog - deceased
- King County - Croaked
- Don King - deceased
- Ponzie - Disbanded
- (unnamed) daughter - Croaked
- Old King Coal - Founded the Side - long dead
- King Headboard - deceased
- King Slately - Croaked
- King Slately's Ditto - "Poof"ed (deceased)
- King Tramennis (formerly Prince)
- Prince Ansom - Croaked & Decrypted, renounced title
- Prince Ossomer - Croaked & Decrypted, then Turned, then Dusted
- Prince Forthewin - Croaked LIAB Text 33LIAB Text 50
- Prince Wonderloaf - Croaked LIAB Text 33
- Prince Titas - Croaked LIAB Text 33
- Prince Victor (first son of Slately) - presumably Croaked LIAB Text 33
- Prince Lustrius (third son of Slately) - presumably Croaked LIAB Text 33
Unaroyal (side destroyed)
- Queen Bea - Disbanded (via Portal to the Magic Kingdom)
- Princess Cruz - Decrypted, Dusted
- Prince Jeftichew
- Queen Eliteabit
- King Dairious I - founded the Side, popped well over 80,000 turns ago, has almost certainly snuffed it
- Queen Corian - popped well over 80,000 turns ago, has almost certainly snuffed it
- King Simon - Founded Side, deceased
- Queen Meganite - popped well over 80,000 turns ago, has almost certainly snuffed it
Unisom - One of the earliest Sides to be created
- Queen Ambien - as the second ruler of ancient side, must surely have conked out by now
- Queen Lunesta - founded the side, believed to have been created by the Titans, long, long dead
- King Alvin - founded the side, deceased
- King Theodore - popped well over 80,000 turns ago, has almost certainly snuffed it
- King Froblo
Known Noble Units
- Duke Nozzle - Croaked
- Duke Adam Antium - Decrypted
- Duke Lacrosse - Decrypted, Currently MIA Presumed Dusted
- Countess Artemis of Firestone - Decrypted
- Count Downer - Decrypted
- Earl Chip Tunage of Otoh of Faq IPTSF Text 27 - Croaked
- Countess Hedda Splode - Croaked
- Viscount Bart Lightrail of Kibo - Croaked
- Countess Marika Neagle - Croaked
- Duke Joseph Forecastle
Known Ignoble Units
- Jack Snipe - Jack (or Knave) was his title, as well as his name; this indicates a position of a servant. It is not a military rank or official position, however, and fulfills the same purpose of a noble title. Practically, Jack enjoyed the same treatment as Lady Wanda Firebaugh, as both were Casters. That he is given a title at all is interesting, as it is seemingly rare; most non-noble units simply use military ranks for the purposes of hierarchy and social interaction.
On a royal side, Royals might only be popped in a capital city, while Nobles would be created in any other city which is part of a Royal side. It is possible that sides ruled by Nobles have a further diluted variation of this mechanic, enabling Nobles to be popped in the capital as the ruler's own progeny, but nowhere else. Royals and Nobles are presumably only created when popping commanders, since Delkey was snobby towards Homekey for promoting Warlords instead of popping them. It might take longer to create a Royal than it does a Noble, and longer to create a Noble than a non-Noble (though Turnamancy can accelerate this process). The social rank of a Noble probably correlates to the size of the city in which he was popped, so a Duke comes from a big city (maybe the capital), and a Viscount comes from a very small city. Caesar Borgata, a Viscount, is described as being "barely a Noble", suggesting that a Duke is likely to have slightly higher initial stats than a Count, who is likely to be slightly higher than a Viscount.
It's possible free will is a innate trait to Royals, as most of the non-Ruler royals are described as ornery and contrary to their progenitor's wishes.
Many Royal and Noble Characters (especially Prince Ansom before his Decryption) believe Royalty and Nobility are the signs of Titanic mandate to rule. In fact, the purpose of the Royal Crown Coalition was to defend this belief against Stanley, who believes Titans favor those with the Arkentools.
The only Noble titles seen thus far are Duke, Count, Viscount, and possibly Lord/Lady. Other potential titles could include Baron, Earl, or Marquis.
Possible Noble Units
- Lady Wanda Firebaugh - Originally of Goodminton, now serves Gobwin Knob; Croakamancer
- Lord Ace Hardware - decrypted; Originally of Jetstone, now serves Gobwin Knob; Dollamancer
- Lady Delphie Temple - Goodminton, Predictamancer; Croaked - She is referred to as "the Lady Temple", but is known not to be sister to Wanda and Tommy Firebaugh or daughter of Overlord Firebaugh. This does not rule out the possibility that she was originally popped by a different side and later turned, and thus she may be Noble. It is also possible that not all Casters, Warlords, and/or Nobles popped by a Ruler are considered progeny of that Ruler - it may be another random chance, just as some Warlords pop as Casters and some units pop as Noble. Alternatively, she may be called Lady by virtue of having been Chief Caster, or because she was an Adept-class Predictamancer.
- Grand Duke / Grand Prince
- Prince / Infante
- Sovereign Prince / Fürst
- Marquis / Landgrave
- Count / Earl
- Viscount / Visdame
- Baronet / Hereditary Knight