| Oh dear, it seems this article isn't up to scratch and could use some improvement. You can help Erfwiki by .
Lacks references, need help with that, especially for examples
"A trap is an item or emplacement intended to harm or immobilize." - Ivan Poe
A Trap is a device or physical effect which can be triggered under certain circumstance, usually by a unit coming into physical contact with a certain part of the trap. Traps are mostly created as a form of a Dirtamancy.
Examples of Traps
- Tunnel Traps laid during the Battle for Gobwin Knob
- The trap door at the entrance of Sizemore's tunnel from Gobwin Knob's portal to Spacerock's. Erf-b2-p58
- The portcullis that fortifies a city's entrance. It can be ordered to close. If a unit happens to be under it, it can even be used as an attack.
- Pit traps
- Collapsable buildings
- Lightning traps, which can absorb lightning from permanent Storm hexes in the city's Tower and charge up the tower to release it upon enemies later.
- Shockmancy traps, which at least in Charlescomm's case involve wires.
The Volcano Uncroaking as been referred to as a trap. Whether this is simply a mistaken assumption by the sides who do not know the actual magic behind the act is unclear. The fact that characters specifically say "Dirtamancy Trap" suggests that other kinds of traps may exist, perhaps created by Dollamancy, Shockamancy, and/or Fabrication
It's seems likely that the Marbits used a trap against a crap golemErf-b1-p087, but whether it was a dirtamancy, natural dirtamancy, or non-magical trap is unclear.