Other measures of value that I'm not sure how to include:
1) In Page 1 of Erfworld, a single Gem was apparently worth (at least as much as) 1 squad of marbit axemen. It is unknown if Gems come in multiple sizes/denominations, nor how many Shmuckers this would be equivalent to (assuming Gems and Shmuckers can be interchanged). 
Shmucker or Schmucker
I've noticed that in later uses, Rob has been putting an extra 'c' in Shmucker. Is that the proper spelling now? Miment 20:30, 27 October 2010 (UTC)
Razing of progrock
"Jillian felt Faq's treasury increase by about 40,000 when she razed Progrock, noting at the same time that this sum would secure her side's upkeep for 8-10 turns, putting Faq's total upkeep between 4,000 and 5,000 per turn." I think the 4-5k number is not Faq's total upkeep but it's losses aka upkeep - income. Faq has farms and cities to generate some revenue but I assume it's not enough to cover it's current forces.
Where do Schmuckers come from?
Is it all just from mining? It doesn't feel like there could possibly be enough gems left in such an old world to support the upkeep of the units, even just in the sides we've already examined, like Gobwin Knob and Charlescomm. --KrenkoMobBoss (talk) 09:01, 9 March 2018 (EST)
- They come from cities, apparently. It's mentioned in a few places (Book 2, Prologue 14; Book 0, chapter 28; Digdoug 5), and it sounds like a city just pops shmuckers into the treasury, same as how food is just popped as a part of upkeep. --No one in particular (talk) 17:46, 10 March 2018 (EST)
- Also, it's entirely possible mines just pop new gems into existence once every so often.--ManaCaster (talk) 20:06, 10 March 2018 (EST)
- Nope, at the end of Book 1 it's stated that Gobwin Knob mined out all (as they thought at the time) gems at the top of the mountain. That conversation wouldn't go like that if new gems just popped all the time. --DukeBG (talk) 06:49, 11 March 2018 (EDT)
- Gems obviously aren't fully refreshed per turn, but we also know that some hexes will randomly pop stuff like artifacts, and there's also stuff like destructive foraging. It's possible Gobwin Knob's mines experienced the mining equivalent of destructive foraging and it hadn't been long enough to get new gems.--ManaCaster (talk) 14:44, 11 March 2018 (EDT)
- Nope. destructive foraging does not produce schmuckers, it provides provisions. it is used to save schumackers.--Paskal (talk) 20:49, 2 June 2018 (EDT)
- I never said destructive foraging produces schmuckers. I was saying that overmining might similarly damage the land.--ManaCaster (talk) 21:43, 2 June 2018 (EDT)