Talk:Second Battle of Faq
Why is this page called the "Second Battle of Faq"? The city wasn't even in existence at the time for one thing and they weren't fighting for control of the ruins. The "Battle of the Faq Gap" might be more appropriate. - Whispri, 31 December, 2016, 1:45 PM (GMT)
- Who knows? I'm not even sure the person who created the page edits the wiki anymore.--ManaCaster (talk) 18:25, 1 January 2017 (EST)
- Well, it's about time to create a new battle page for the events of Hvs.tCF 233. Do we want to stick to the current name for this, or rename it to the "Battle of the Faq Gap" and donate it's original name to the new battle?--ManaCaster (talk) 23:19, 7 February 2017 (EST)
- I say rename this one. It just wasn't a battle for the city in question. And we're already having to leave out some stuff from the Haffaton era just to call it the second. - Whispri 08 February, 2017, 5:10 AM (GMT)
- Alright, I guess the next question is, has this battle ever been given a name in story?--ManaCaster (talk) 03:01, 8 February 2017 (EST)
- Closest we get is Ceasar who just refers to it as 'the pass' Hvs.tCF 233Knavigator (talk) 21:42, 8 February 2017 (EST)
- There's a reference to 'the gap' here, where guards are posted against Gobwin Knob incursions. I fear that's the best we're going to get. - Whispri 10 February, 2017, 5:35 AM (GMT)
- It appears that this battle occurred at a place called "Doak Pass" as it is mentioned here that Jack met a certain princess at a pass with that name. - Whispri 23 December, 2017, 5:20 AM (GMT)
I thought the forums just referred to it as the Battle of the Pass.
Even then, does it deserve its own name? It's a skirmish that could easily be rolled into the Battle of Gobwin Knob. In my opinion, it probably should be since all the sides, though not all the combatants (ie. Ceasar) were apart of that battle.
Do we know the name of the mountains? I thought it might be the Minty Mountains, but I can't find the comic that suggests that. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Knavigator (talk • contribs) at 10:10, 2 January 2017.