|Oh dear, it seems this article isn't up to scratch and could use some improvement. You can help Erfwiki by .
Needs citations, and maybe more examples.
Fabrication is a Special Ability using Natural Dollamancy that allows a Unit to create small nonmagical items like coins, armor, and equipment.. It also allows for basic city repairs and maintaining Dirtamancy upgrades.
Creating items with fabrication requires raw materials. For example making a chair requires reusing existing furniture or using wood, rawhide, nails and glue.
Janis offered Parson and his troops a meal in the Glade of the Hippiemancers which they ate with what appeared to be hand-carved utensils, rather than the expertly crafted ones made using Twollish Fabrication. This implies units can create items without the fabrication special or magic, but the result is of lower quality.
Known fabricated items
- Basket 
- Figurines 
- High Chair 
- Parchment 
- Really thin parchment aka toilet paper.
- Utensils 
- Ships 
Fabricators seem to be very nimble with their hands and are very ingenuitive. They may be the equivalent of engineers which would make them the ideal for buildin, repairing, and improving certain types of siege engines, city walls, or other structures. Fabricators also seem to be capable of cooking and smiting as seen by Zhopa and Bogroll respectively.
- Fabrication allows only the creation of Non-Magical items. Magic items have to be created by caster(s) of the appropriate discipline(s).
- Forging of weapons and armor that doesn't pop with units is covered by this ability.
- Zhopa takes a wicker basket that has no handle and adds a handle to it, creating a picnic basket for Parson.
- ^ Small items - LIAB Prologue 4, "Units with that ability can make small nonmagical items, usually armor and equipment."
- ^ Maintenance - WB2014 Digdoug - Episode 20, "City managers and units with the fabrication special could keep basic emplacements and traps operating indefinitely."
- ^ Raw materials. - LIAB Text 26, Zhopa keeps supplies in his workshop.
- ^ Fabrication as a part of Dollamancy - LIAB Text 30, "It's fabrication with a motion element, right?"
- ^ Hand carved utensils - Hvs.tCF 73, Utensils hand carved by Hippiemancers without fabrication are more raw.
- ^ Baskets - LIAB Prologue 4, Known fabricated items: basket.
- ^ Furniture - LIAB Text 26, Known fabricated items: high chair.
- ^ Figurines - IPTSF Text 7, Known fabricated items: figurine.
- ^ Parchment - LIAB Prologue 27, Twolls can fabricate parchment. Really thin, too. ... lets go TP the Arkendish!
- ^ Utensils - Hvs.tCF 73, Known fabricated items: utensils.
- ^ Ship - WB2014 Duke Forecastle - Part 25, Known fabricated items: ships.