- Make a new section for each question
- Once your question has been answered, delete the section
- Only delete sections you made
- For questions relating to the story, try the other Questions page or the ErfWorld forum.
Translation of erfworld
As i had seen from the forum there some people from other countries, like germany in my case, since i must admit that i don't get every joke, a translation would be great. It could be made here in the wiki parallel to the annotations. And as there could work more than one person on this the translation should be appreciating in the end. Unwanted or is this something to work on?
- I'll see if Erfworld is avaliable in other languages. I don't think it is. If you can work on a German translation, that would be great! Be sure to make an account if you plan on doing lots of work. Miment 22:48, 15 November 2009 (UTC)
- Oops, I had not tried the gmail.com address, and it worked. So maybe the warning about @hotmail should also mention @aol.com–Dan Hoeytalk 22:15, 21 December 2009 (UTC)
I've been considering ways of checking consistency, e.g. that the panel-by-panel annotations have the same footnotes as the page-by-page footnotes. To do this right, I'd want to download wikitext of the annotations pages. Is there a way to do this?–Dan Hoeytalk 22:12, 21 December 2009 (UTC)
Cleaning up spammer cruft
I noticed that there are a TON of spammy pages in Category:Candidates for speedy deletion, but only Admins and up can delete pages. Is there an active effort from the adminfolk to clean these pages out? As a veteran wikiperson (but not here, sadly) and as someone with a remarkably high tolerance for repetitive tasks I'm happy to assist however I can. Hit me up on my talk page if there's a way I can help. --Pedentic 00:59, 16 September 2013 (EDT)
Character pages titles policy
Right now we have two ways the characters wiki pages are titled: some are including title, e.g. King Banhammer, some are not, e.g. Slately. Because a rank is not really a part of the name (even though it can be a part of a pun, e.g. Prince Creen), and more importantly a rank can change, I propose we remove them from the page titles. Characters would still have the complete title in the infobox, though. --DukeBG (talk) 08:20, 18 April 2016 (EDT)
- Since there were no objections, I'll start moving the pages soon. --DukeBG (talk) 08:02, 27 April 2016 (EDT)
Proposed Canon / Speculation / Real World References header levels
Most of the pages have Proposed Canon, Speculation and Real World References sections, but the header levels differ from page to page. Somewhere it's level 1 (=Proposed Canon=), somewhere level 2 (==Proposed Canon==) Should be standardized and
brought to justice fixed everywhere --DukeBG (talk) 15:16, 22 April 2016 (EDT)
- Accidently stumbled upon an answer. Erfwiki:Style Guide says headers level one (=Proposed Canon=, etc). --DukeBG (talk) 08:30, 6 May 2016 (EDT)
I'm wondering if it is possible to code for the "Random Page" function to only search among pages/articles concerning in-story things (characters, items, sides, etc.) as opposed to including everything like individual panels, scripts, and whatnot. While those things are interesting, and speculation about individual panels can be cool, when I want to wiki-walk a general comic/story/universe wiki, I want stuff about the story, not snippets of the structure. Maybe have those things in a separate subsection? I don't know. All I know is that I click random, it sends me to a random panel 9 times out of 10 or more, and that doesn't really seem like what a wiki is for. It's like if I clicked "Random" on Wikipedia proper and it sends you to a random photo the majority of the time, instead of a random article —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Kenny Log ins (talk • contribs) at an .
- I'm not completely sure if it can be done, but it would definitely require admin privileges. I don't think any of the wiki's usual editors have that.--ManaCaster (talk) 20:25, 4 May 2016 (EDT)
- Okay, it looks like it IS possible. The Special:Random (that is a Random Page link) redirects to the random page from the main namespace. If you want a different namespace you go to the page like this: Special:Random/Erfwiki. So, all we need to do is move all those hundreds/thousands of articles to the new namespace (after Red or someone else who has access to the mediawiki config files creates it). So, I'll look into writing mediawiki bots to make a bot do these moves. --DukeBG (talk) 08:08, 3 June 2016 (UTC)