Crew pops together with the item that they use, but can be separated and combined freely. Some units are not good at crewing certain items, (non-Seafarers in ships, non-Diggers in siege towers) but they can be nevertheless used as the crew. Extra crew can be popped separately but extra items must be constructed.
Items With Crews
- Not explicitly stated as an item, but can be inferred from the examples of ballista and siege tower.
- Can be constructed. Crew size unknown.
- Fireball catapults pop when a new city is founded or upgraded.
- Crew size depends on the Ship type. Ship's crew is ideally made only of Seafarers, they can also transport units as passengers.
- Separately popped Seafarer Warlords as the captain and the first mate.
- Ensigns as advanced seafarer crew: the navigator and helmsmen. Can possibly act also as the captain or the first mate.
- Harpooners, riggers, runners and sailors as basic seafarer crew.